Well the holidays are coming up very soon and this it the time I love. I get to bake all the treats that I like for family and friends.
One of my favorites is the Pecan Balls and they are very easy to make.
Serves: Makes 4 dozen or 24 (2 cookie) servings.
1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
2 1/2 cups confectioners’ sugar, divided
2 teaspoons McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Nutmeg, Ground (Optional)
1/8 teaspoon salt
2 cups flour
2 cups finely chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Beat butter in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Add 1/2 cup of the sugar, vanilla, nutmeg and salt; beat until well blended.
- Stir in flour and pecans.
- Shape into 1-inch balls. Place 1 inch apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake 15 minutes.
- Remove from baking sheets.
- Immediately roll hot cookies in remaining 2 cups sugar.
- Place sugared cookies on wire racks to cool.
- When cool, roll again in sugar.
Until Next Time!