Today I made one of my favorite meals, Summer Squash Casserole.
My Grandma used to make this for Thanksgiving and I added a twist to it.
Summer Squash Casserole Recipe
- 8 Medium Yellow Squash
- 1 Large Onion Chopped
- 1/2 Pound grated Cheddar Cheese
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/4 Bag of Pepperidge Farm Herb Stuffing
- 1/2 Pound Shrimp (cooked shrimp or salad shrimps)
- 1/2 Can of Cream of Chicken or Cream of Shrimp
- 1/2 Stick of margarine
- Preheat oven at 350 degrees.
- Slice squash and in large pot and add chopped onions and bring to a boil until squash is tender. Drain water.
- In a large mixing bowl add the cooked squash and onion mixture and mash with your fork to make smaller pieces.
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix until mixed well.
- Transfer the mixture into a baking dish.
- Bake for 30 to 45 minutes until the casserole has browned and looks set.
Diva Dane’s Additions:
So I also do a couple of things to spice it up or make it different each time I make it.\
- I don’t always add shrimp. I substitute it for crab meat and add as much as you want to your mixture.
- I always add Garlic powder and Lawry Seasoning Salt to spice it up.
- Add 1 cup of sour cream to make the mixture even smoother and creamy.
I hope yall will take time out to try this recipe, its very good.
Until next time….